The Investment Strand gives students an in-depth understanding of the investment concepts, legislation and regulations that are of particular relevance to the provision of investment services. It also look at the relationship between investment products/services, and individuals’ needs, applying the principles of investment analysis to ensure appropriate solutions to investment needs.
The content of the Investment Strand includes:
- Investment asset classes, financial instruments, and investment services and how they are used in developing or implementing investment strategies.
- Portfolio construction techniques and the concept of investment risk and return and its relevance to developing or implementing investment strategies.
- The legislative and regulatory framework applicable to the investment sector.
- The use of financial and non-financial investment assets and services to meet identified investment objectives.
- The use of quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques to determine whether an analysed option meets predetermined requirements.
This Strand is suitable for those wishing to work in the areas of paraplanning, investment/adviser support, custody officer, financial services regulation, investment product management and business development managers.
Refer to our Level 5 study programmes for information on programme bundles that include the Investment Strand.
Note: Those wishing to provide personalised financial advice on category 1 investment products MUST also complete the Financial Advice Strand prior to applying for authorisation.