Building a compliance culture within an organisation
Aim: To describe how a compliance culture can be developed within an organisation.
Outcome: Completion of this module will enable market service licensees to understand:
- What a culture of compliance is;
- The attributes of a culture of compliance;
- The 'Three Cs' of compliance (communication, confirmation, correction);
- The signs of a culture of compliance; and
- The benefits of building a culture of compliance
Abstract: A positive compliance culture is one in which the expected, accepted, and actual behaviours are ones that create and support compliance; behaviours that compromise compliance are considered unacceptable and action is taken to validate this. The module describes how a business can develop and demonstrate a culture of compliance, and the benefits to the business of doing so.