Corporate governance and board assistance
David Greenslade is the executive director of Strategi and Strategi Institute and a director of Milestone Direct Ltd and Britannia Financial Services Ltd. He is a member of the Institute of Directors, has attended the Institute of Directors' five day course and keeps current with director issues and responsibilities.
For a number of years, he has been an adviser and consultant to many boards of small to medium size companies and he has developed guidance notes and processes for directors and boards to follow in a number of different industries.
David is available to work with your board on either a long term or short term basis. Examples of recent assistance provided include:
- Working with a QFE board to identify appropriate governance standards, risk minimisation and compliance review processes sufficient to meet the QFE obligations in this area.
- Helping the board of an advice network to identify compliance reporting requirements, implement a compliance process and develop a network risk management reporting framework.
- Helping the board of a large advisory practice acquire a number of books of business and implement enhanced governance processes for the significantly expanded entity.
- Acting as a consultant to a nationwide advisory organisation and assisting in guiding them to meet their growth targets.
- Developing an entire board structure together with reporting standards and job descriptions for a large financial services organisation.
- Advising the board of a product supplier on the industry trends and opportunities and how to maximise these, then working with the board to implement these.
- Attending board meetings of a financial services company where the dynamics of board meetings were far from conducive to best practice in governance, and over a 12 month period providing guidance and assistance to the board members so they could operate in unison and in the best interests of the company.
- Providing training via a workshop on governance requirements and responsibilities for a five person board of a mid-sized company.
- Acting as the nominated representative of a large shareholder at board meetings of a company.
- Acting as the meeting chairman (but not a director) of a board of non-expert directors of a medium sized firm. This involved guiding the directors through meetings, outlining responsibilities and ensuring that meeting action points were completed.
Contact us to discuss your requirements or for more information.