Business in a Box: an integrated solution for financial advice businesses
Business in a Box (BIB) is a suite of tools to help build and ensure the efficiency of a financial advice business. It is a flexible solution, scaleable to business size.
All tools work together to provide a fully integrated solution, or alternatively a ‘pick-and-mix’ approach can be taken where businesses simply select the tools they need.
The BIB toolbox
The BIB suite of tools is currently comprised of:
Training - NZ Certificate in Financial Services, Level 5 - Online, classroom and distance learning courses for the entire financial services industry. Meet the regulatory requirements plus ensure advisers and staff have the necessary skills, knowledge and competence for their role. Courses are structured in such a way that students learn not only what they are required to learn for the Certificate, but also about ethics, best practice, compliance processes, and ways to increase business revenue.
Radar - Ensure advisers and staff are up-to-date with their learning and professional development with this online CPD portal. Radar includes CPD compliance options including both pre-populated and business owned content, monitoring and oversight, and providing one place for CPD planning, training and tracking. Can be re-skinned to reflect your brand.
Document templates - Advice templates, including SoAs, for those already in business, plus templates for those just setting up/starting out (for example disclosure statements, ABS templates, professional practices templates, and business operations templates etc.) Strategi can provide a complete set of documentation for an end-to-end advice process together with a full suite of regularly updated templates to run an entire advisory business.
Compliance and best practice – A complete or partial solution, providing guidance and reviews of compliance and best practice for financial advisory businesses. Options include monthly support, provision of a help desk facility, and monitoring, targeted reviews and assurance on compliance matters. There is also an electronic compliance module which enables remote compliance monitoring, assurance and vetting via an integration with the recommended CRM.
Financial Driver – Client-interfacing, visually interactive software designed to improve your conversations with clients. It will help transform the way you meet and make decisions with your clients by creating trust, engagement and client-ownership of decisions. In addition, Financial Driver will improve your clients’ outcomes, your advice work flow and your business profitability.
Database – A complete enterprise technology solution including CRM, commission payment module, document management, advice processes, business intelligence, sales and marketing tools, web-forms, product provider and pricing data feeds, and personalised client portals. It has links to Strategi Institute's Radar, and can link with other external tools including accounting packages, online meeting tools, and digital marketing and campaign management tools, creating a single source of information about clients and your businesses advice related activity, enabling effective client engagement, management oversight, and compliance assurance.
- Commission payment module – Enables efficient splitting of commissions and payment preparation. This can save a business thousands of dollars each month.
- Financial advice – Capture financial positional data for clients with inputs from data feeds and direct input, and use visually engaging diagrams and charts to easily track clients’ actual progress against their financial plans.
- Client Portal – Use data from the CRM and data feeds to provide clients with up-to-date and personalised product and portfolio information and news via a secure client web portal. Accessible at the client’s convenience, increase client engagement with visually interactive charts and information.
- Business intelligence - With the CRM as the single source of truth on information about your clients and advisers and the interactions between them, use the data to make intelligent business decisions by tracking, tracing and reporting on areas that are of importance and interest to your business (e.g. compliance, new business pipeline, activities, complaints etc).
- Document and workflow management – Embed your own or pre-defined workflows in the CRM to ensure each step of your processes with clients are completed, compliant, and using the most up to date document templates. Alerts let you know early if a process has not been completed or is not compliant because of missing documentation.
- Web forms - Gather information directly from your clients with customised web forms, and automatically capture that information back into your CRM, saving time and minimising inaccuracies with data capture.
- Online meeting tools - A client/adviser virtual meeting room and portal that will help you grow your business and build stronger client relationships. Save time and travel costs, and complete business faster through video conferencing, document sharing, digital online document signing. If integrated with certain CRMs, get a 20% discount on the licence fee.
- Sales and marketing – Easily filter, sort, and group clients in the CRM to identify and maximise business opportunities and provide excellent customer service. Use the information to create bulk email lists, or take it to the next level with digital campaign management.
- Digital marketing / campaign tools – Broadcast professionally presented newsletters, information and other communications to groups of clients directly from the CRM through campaign management tools (rather than just bulk email) and track the response. Capture a record of that campaign directly in the CRM against each client, enhancing the overall record of contact history for your clients.
Benefits of BIB
The BIB toolbox provides solutions to help advisers and their business:
Increase efficiency and productivity through the use of smart technology solutions.
Meet licensing requirements through the use of systems that will help ensure ongoing licence obligations are met.
Improve compliance by embedding systems and processes in the business that keep advisers and the business compliant.
Move to a collaborative advice process where the adviser works with the client to develop financial solutions, resulting in increased client participation, buy-in and satisfaction.
Save money by using 'off-the-shelf' compliant processes and documents which you can customise at a later date.
Find out more
Contact us to find out more about the BIB toolbox and how it can help you and your business. We will:
Scope and price your requirements;
Build you a tailored solution, creating your personalised toolbox;
Implement your chosen tools and train your staff, and
- Provide ongoing support.