Leadership and advice for financial advisers, QFEs and networks
Strategi Limited (Strategi) is an experienced specialist in the provision of adviser consulting services to financial advisers, QFEs, and networks. Strategi is expanding its current range of services in order to assist advisers with the transition to a more regulated operating environment and assist them to maximise business profitability.
Strategi is New Zealand’s leading provider of business growth solutions, compliance and best practice services and consulting services to the financial advisory industry. It is supported by its sister company Strategi Institute Ltd which is a specialist provider of regulatory qualification training courses and continuing professional development solutions (CPD) for financial advisers, networks and QFEs.
Strategi is a company owned by entities associated with David Greenslade. Strategi operates internationally with regards to developing financial adviser networks, undertaking consultancy assignments and speaking at conferences and courses.
Both Strategi and Strategi Institute are non-aligned. Both businesses work with most of the major banks, insurance companies, QFEs, networks, sharebrokers and fund managers. Exceptional care is taken to avoid potential conflicts of interest and full disclosure is provided.
Strategi has been providing consultancy services since 1999 – initially for Armstrong Jones which then became ING, then OnePath and now also ANZ Investments. In more recent times, Strategi has expanded and now provides services, training and support to a wider range of QFEs, product providers, networks and individual financial advisers whilst still servicing OnePath-friendly advisers.
Strategi is well respected in the New Zealand financial advisory market and is arguably the most experienced and competent organisation in New Zealand that delivers specialised support services to financial advisers and the wider financial services industry.
Our core values are more than just words – they represent ‘what we are’ and we believe we must ‘walk the talk’ and personify these values by our daily actions:
- Courage: The moral courage to make difficult decisions and have the conviction to stand by our principles in the face of adversity
- Commitment: Work together as one team to serve the best interests of our clients and business, putting others before self when necessary
- Comradeship: Looking after one another, understanding that more can be achieved by working as a team than as individuals
- Integrity: Honesty, sincerity, reliability and consistency.
- The pursuit of excellence: This is about constantly striving to do the best we possibly can in every facet of our business and our advice to our clients. It is more about the journey than the attainment of excellence.
- Command presence: Showing confidence, leadership, support and respect to all we deal with so they willingly agree to follow our advice and direction.
Services and systems
Strategi’s services and systems are tried and proven, having been operating since 1999. Strategi has a reputation for being entrepreneurial, innovative and reliable. Over the years, Strategi has developed wide-ranging expertise in the following service categories:
- Business consulting solutions for adviser practices, QFEs, networks and product providers, covering a wide range of requirements tailored for specific businesses or situations.
- A range of best practice compliance and risk management solutions, suitable for single-adviser practices through to large QFEs.
- Publications and resources for advisers and networks, including manuals, templates, kits, guidance notes and newsletters.
- Training solutions including electronic and classroom-based courses, conferences and customised training packages, developed and delivered by Strategi Institute.
Information for clients
Strategi Limited believes in full disclosure to its clients both before and during an engagement. Our generic information for clients relating to Strategi's client care and service standards, complaints, limitations on liability and the like, should be read in conjunction with its terms of engagement.