The team at Strategi are experts in working with advisers and networks to grow businesses and deliver increased business profit. We have experience in all aspects of business management, growth, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder value and preparing a business for sale. This expertise has been derived from:
- David Greenslade developing, growing and eventually selling two highly profitable financial planning businesses.
- Utilising staff and contractors with practical hands-on experience within financial advisory businesses.
- Valuing financial advisory businesses and constructing detailed databases and methodology around business sales, what drives business values and what businesses need to do to measure annual profitability and increased capital value.
- Research and publication of a number of reports relating to deriving more business profit and capital value from a financial advisory business, be it financial planning, insurance or investment advice.
- Strategi has tapped into a huge network of specialists and practicing financial advisers in New Zealand, Australia, USA and Canada who supply up-to-the-minute statistics and ideas on growing business profit.
- Strategi has developed a proven methodology where it can coach financial advisers to increase their business profitability by over 75%.
Strategi can deliver business management advice via publications, access to the Strategi information centre, one-on-one consultations and training courses.
Buying and selling businesses
We are also experienced at helping businesses grow through merger and acquisition and developing exit strategies for business owners that include staff succession plans and grooming businesses for sale.
Strategi works across the entire financial advisory industry and, as a result, comes into contact with buyers and sellers of financial advisory practices. Strategi provides the following services:
- Facilitation of introductions between buyers and sellers.
- Comprehensive valuations of financial advisory practices.
- Advice on how to structure purchase or sale agreements.
- Advice and assistance with the transition of a client base from one practice to another.
- Ongoing assistance to those advisers who wish to prepare their business for sale and want to maximise the eventual sale price.
In some situations (especially during the world economic crisis), Strategi was employed by major creditors of some financial advisory practices to run the business on a day-to-day basis. This involved acting like a receiver and either turning the business around so it regained profitability, or else selling the business to pay the creditors.
Strategi also works with a number of networks and individual advisory practices to undertake due diligence on an advisory practice prior to:
- the practice joining a network
- a purchaser looking to make an offer to purchase that practice
- co-location or merger between practices
Over the years, Strategi has developed a comprehensive database of advisory practice sales, a detailed valuation calculator and methodology for valuing practices and negotiating win/win business sales.